So I’m kind of obsessed with Trader Joe’s cookie butter. A little over a year ago I had never been inside of a Trader Joe’s and had only heard about cookie butter in passing. Some days I wish I had never heard about it because then I could have saved myself thousands of calories (yes thousands, I’ve eaten that much cookie butter!), but hey you only live once and this stuff is just that good! Besides cookie butter being now one of my favorite foods, a few of my other favorite foods are dark chocolate (duh!) and bananas. So I decided to whip up these Cookie Butter Stuffed Dark Chocolate Covered Bananas!
This is a super easy recipe for you to make for your sweetheart for valentine’s day, or if your like me any day of the week! If I eat a few too many I like to rationalize things out. The chocolate is high in antioxidants which neutralize free radical and the bananas are packed full of vitamins and minerals so it’s a well-balanced snack right?
I try to eat everything in moderation, but If I know I want to have a few of these after work or as a bed time snack, I make sure to go a little lighter throughout the day on my calories because although these taste delicious they are not your best friend if you are trying to watch your weight!
Do you see that gorgeous picture up there? Yep, those two heavenly jars of cookie butter, they are sitting at my partner in crime’s house aka Erica from The Crumby Cupcake. I can’t keep them in my house any more because I eat them too quickly. They are that good!
She actually took all of these pictures because the pictures were actually taken before I got my DSLR and her photos are amazing and I learn something new from her every day (not just about blogging or photography either!).
We’re actually going on vacation together in exactly 1 week and the boys are coming along too! We’re going to Savannah, Georgia; Charleston, South Carolina; and Banner Elk, North Carolina. I’m so glad that she are our SO’s have the traveling and foodie bug just like us! It makes for an amazing vacation!
Recipe: Cookie Butter Stuffed Dark Chocolate Covered Bananas
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips
- Trader Joe's cookie butter
- Slice banana's into 1/2 inch slices
- Line half of the banana slices on a plate or parchment paper
- Top the banana slices with a 1/2 Tbsp of Cookie Butter
- Place the other half of the banana on top
- Freeze the banana for about 15 minutes (can omit this step but it makes the bananas stay together better for coating with chocolate
- Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave save dish and melt at 15 second intervals and stirring in between as to not burn the dark chocolate
- Remove bananas from freezer and place a tooth pick through each banana stack
- Dip banana stack evenly in dark chocolate and place on parchment paper to harden(They will harden up quicker if the bananas were frozen)
Have you ever had Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter before? If so what was your first experience with it?